BIRTHDAY WAS A BLAST!

So it has been awhile since my last posts. These past few weeks since my birthday have been a whirlwind of events, some stressful, but mostly fun!

My birthday was great. I got to spend some ample time with my brother and family. The Festivities were kinda all over the place but really exciting. The week before my friends took me to go see Cirque Du Soleil's new show Kooza at the Santa Monica Piere. I'm a sucker for these weird ballet/artistic/circus type of shows. We finished off that night with a fun (but really late night/early morning) dinner at Mel's diner for some good ole' unhealthy food.

On my birthday weekend, my first surprise was a birthday hot air balloon ride over Del Mar, in San Diego, right by the beautiful ocean. It was definitely one of the best presents I've ever gotten. It was finished off with a phenomenal drive back to LA down PCH, where we stopped for dinner at this great seafood restaurant.

The next day, my actual birthday, was pretty calm. My brother took me shopping and treated me to a one-on-one lunch at a this awesome Brazilian restaurant here in L.A. We relaxed for the rest of the day shopping and finished off my birthday night with dinner with the family.

The following week was a series of dinners with friends and family.

Then I got tickets to the opening night of RENT, playing at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. Talk about another great present. I got to write my first review of a show which is also a present for me since I love writing and musical theater. Two of the original leads and one original ensemble returned to show making it ten times more meaningful to watch. And what a great experience to share with my brother.

The next weekend was probably one of the best presents. My friends told me I was told to take block my Sunday off because I would be busy. So I did. First, I received a surprise brunch with my friends. I thought what a great birthday present, seeing my friends. After we were done there, Larry whisked me away for my second present. While we were driving, I was wondering where we were going. He was pissing me off a little bit since he was driving stupid slow on the fastlane. Sure enough, he took me to Disneyland, which for anyone who knows me, is always a sure thing since I'm always excited to go to Disneyland (even if I've had an annual pass for the past few years and know it like the back of my hand). Well, when we arrived he then needed to go to the restroom which took forever. I'm mentioning the driving slow and bathroom break because at this point I was so anxious and excited to get in the park, I was just annoyed that he was lagging. Well, we finally boarded the tram and got to Disneyland. He then said I have to go get my birthday button at City Hall. So we walked over and I got my annual birthday button. While waiting in line, he said he had to go and get a hat since his head burns fast and he needs a hat. I suggested we go to this hat store across the way but he suggested we go to the Emporium store instead. I agreed and we made our way there.

Here comes the BEST present ever......

I walked into the store and not even half a second later, I hear a roaring, "SURPRISE!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!" on my left side. I was completely scared sh*tless and almost dropped to the right on my knees, first out of pure shock at the yell, and secondly after looking to my left and realizing all my friends from the brunch were huddled standing together and were laughing and smiling. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!! MY NEW FOUND FAMILY OF FRIENDS ARE AT DISNEYLAND WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ACTUALLY DECIDED TO SPEND, not only the expensive price of a Disneyland ticket, but ACTUALLY DECIDED TO SPEND A DAY WITH ME AT DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. It was a dream come true!!!!!!!

Well my initial reaction after stumbling to my right was followed with my loud screaming, and me running out of the store screaming, 'NO WAY!', running in circles outside the store and thowing my maps and showtime papers all over the place.

It truly was the best surprise EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out Larry purposely stopped by the bank first and drove slowly on in hopes they would catch up and get there before us since we left the restaurant before them. Then, when we got to the parking lot, he stopped by the bathroom outside before we got to the tram because they had called/texted him that they saw us coming down the escalator and to stall because they haven't gotten on yet. They were worried I was going to see them either in line or on the tram as it drove by. So Larry took FOREVER in the restroom.

It truly was so well planned, I couldn't believe anyone would ever go through so much trouble for me.

I've done the same type of things for friends, but never experienced it myself.

I still can't believe how much love I felt at that very moment, not just from them, but to them.

Well we ended up doing everything we possibly could do at the park and had a blast. We basically closed the park down that day. It was PHENOMENAL!

Thank you to Larry, Liska, Kira, Julie Anne, Nate and Erik who came out that day to celebrate! I love you guys so much!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Hey! I noticed you like musical theatre. I'm just finishing school for my music theatre degree and just started a blog about it! Check it out and we can talk about shows and other great things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts