acting

Last night, I went to go see Monty Python's Spamalot at the Ahmanson. I was excited to see the show knowing little of Monty Python and but enough of the story to at least see what producers and writers' of the musical could come up with. Sure enough, the show delivered. I'm glad that the show took a style of humor and edited and then transformed it into this hilarious piece of work that is, basically, entertaining. Sometimes that's all we need - just to be entertained once in a awhile. Be preoccupied with someone else's drama for a second.

During my little two and a half hour vacation, I apparently was booked on the same cruise as the Hanna Montanah fanclub. Next to me sat this young woman..... wait, strike that..... a young twit. I wish there was a better way to desciber her other than her actions.

1)She's one of those people who needs to announce that she's been to a place before in order to prove that she is the expert of the evening and will most likely be the person you will want to look at for proper etiquette in regards to the situation.

You must have a friend or an old colleague who loves to enter a restaurant and tell you ahead of time, "Oh I love this place. I'm like a "usual" here. I'm even friends with the owner." Sometimes they'll even be brave enough to ask the host if the manager (of whome your friend knows by first name of course) is in and to mention that they're there. I have fallen guilty of this heinous crime of self-proclamation once or twice, but know in the end what I've really done is made myself look like a jack-ass.

In her case she could not stop telling everybody, how great these seats were. "OMG, aren't these seats a steal? Trust me these are ample seat for this show. You wouldn't want to be that close because there are scenes you'lll miss parts of and there are details you'll miss if you're too close. Trust me, I've been here a million times and these are the best seats in the house."

Yes we get it jack-ass, your seat was destined by a higher power to have your loud twat sit in for this specific show to enjoy it at perfection.

2)She's a play-by-play type of gal.

During the show she couldn't stop from leaning over to her friend and telling them, "OMG, THIS SCENE IS HILARIOUS!," "OMG, I LOVE THIS PART, YOU'LL LOVE IT," "OMG, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS, SHE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER."

We get it. You've seen the show. I don't mind singing along when a song is good, but nothing is more annoying (other than maybe a cell phone ringing, someone peeing on my leg, or opening a Werther's original candy wrapper) during show then someone who has the need to give me and the rest of the section a play-by-play of what's going to happen.

Siskel & Ebert really have this art down-packed, so let's leave it to them.

UGH.

Comments

Popular Posts