Thriving Metropolitan in a petri dish


"We often use other peoples lives as a form of measurement. We feel old when our nephews voice drops, we feel scared if our parents show signs of age, we stress about our own hangups when an old girlfriend gets married or has a child. It's like the lives of those around us act as a ruler to compare how quickly, how deeply, how important our lives could be. We're not supposed to compare ourselves to one another I guess, but really what self examining person doesn't draw a parallel or two?" - excerpt from Mike Terry's Blog.



It's pretty amazing how much has changed through the years from when I used to live in the bay.




It's not like I haven't changed myself but it's so weird to find what used to be home is no longer that. Instead the city, like my friends, have evolved and changed into this thriving metropolitan - modern and hip, full of possibilities, physical signs of the good and the challenges, new ideas and ultimately growth.




I left the airport thinking about all that has happened since I left, how full life has been, and..... what kind of person have I become in this chronological petri dish?




I can't really say what answers I came to but I do know that there is still a long way to go.


Comments

Popular Posts