Pop-Punk


I was driving from my company's Valencia offices to our Sylmar offices after a 9:00 am meeting (and yes even to me that's still early).

On my way back, I plugged in my iPod tuner and hooked up my iPod, after it finally charged.

I'm pretty repetitive when it comes to listening to music on my iPod. I'm one of those people who download a new song and just keep listening it to it over and over until a couple weeks from now I'm totally over it. Well on my way back, I thought I'd be adventurous and just hit "Shuffle Songs" instead of the Playlists or Genres. Trust me, hitting shuffle songs is probably one of the most adventurous things I do, and yes, I'm lame. But the whole idea of not knowing what emotion might come up with each change in music can be so draining. lol. Seriously, it can.

Anyways, sure enough, I'm getting on the 5 freeway heading south and one of my favorite bands in college and the first band I actually went to see in concert came on - Simple Plan. Yes, yes people, the kings of emotional teen angst among the middle and upper middle class band, Simple Plan. The french canadians who re-defined pop-punk. lol.

Well, after my eyes took a tour of the back of my head after rolling so many times, I started getting into the gel of it all. You probably know all of their songs by heart. The one song that came on was 'Welcome to my Life'. OMG I was back in my dorm room pissed off that I only had 20 bucks in my account and pissed at "the man." lol. Geez, I miss being a college liberal again.

Well, without a doubt, my radio volume went to the middle of the screen and I was on a rampage singing.

There's true freedom in singing in your car.

Comments

Popular Posts